THE ISLAMIC MULTI-SERVICE ORGANIZATION (I.M.S.O.)
We are dedicated to improving the quality of life of our community. While we provide information and advocacy for state and local programs, the diverse underserved cultural and religious communities we serve, still face significant disparities. To address this, IMSO is committed to developing effective programs and services.
IMSO currently provides a variety of Programs and services including
- Emergency assistance
- Financial–We help families with small monetary assistance, advocacy and referrals to other organizations that provide grants to qualified individuals.
- Substance abuse–We work with the Mulati Islami 13-step program, which incorporates Islamic principles to help people struggling with addiction.
- Homelessness–We help with short-term placement and referrals to longer-term shelters that provide placement and other services.
- Food Pantry – Bi-monthly food supplement program, which serves more than 1,000 adults, children and elderly individuals monthly.
- Advocacy for the Elderly – We provide referrals for support services including home health care, emergency medical equipment and halal home-delivered meals for Muslim seniors in collaboration with Central Boston Elder Services, located in Nubian Square.
- College Access Program – Help prepare high school students for college with test prep, counseling, local college tours and tutoring.
- Re-entry Assistance – We assist with financial, clothing, transportation assistance and religious assistance for individuals recently released from prison.
At IMSO serving is our Islamic duty and our pleasure. But we rely on volunteers like you. We are always looking for members with
- Social services skills
- Education background in Quran, Arabic, Islamic Studies, secular studies
- Volunteers for the pantry
For more information please visit IMSOBoston.org.